Skyline Yurt is a one-of-a-kind luxury getaway nestled in the tranquil serenity of the mountains. Here, you won’t find any compromises with respect to the top-notch cabin-like structure, modern amenities, a hot tub, wood-burning stove, archery, EV charger, spacious elevated deck, pool table, board games, and so much more! This magnificent pet-friendly Skyline Cabin / Yurt is surrounded by the captivating scenery of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains at an elevation of over 1,100 ft! Experience the #YurtLife—only an hour from Washington, DC and two hours from Baltimore!
Skyline Yurt is a custom wooden yurt located only 13 miles (20 minutes) away from the entrance to famous Skyline Drive, which sits along the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Shenandoah National Park. Constructed using the finest materials and significant attention to detail, this space will invite you and your family and friends to immediately make yourselves at home. Furnished with plenty of modern conveniences, the Skyline Cabin / Yurt sets out to provide a unique experience offering comforts akin to those of a chic boutique hotel. Embrace your inner yogi with a morning routine on the large deck, or soak in the outdoor hot tub under a starry night sky—the choice is yours! We also offer an EV charging station for those in need, as our property was built with the environment in mind.
Along with these features, the property has a dependable climate control system, wood-burning stove, hot tub, WiFi (which is slow and sporadic due to the property’s rural location, but we are on the Starlink waiting list to ensure future improvement), and a smart TV with Disney Plus and Netflix. We also have smart speakers, a designated workspace, pool table, PlayStation 5 with four controllers, and an assortment of board games.
Living Space & Fully Equipped Kitchen
The yurt features a full kitchen with an island, dining table, cookware, utensils, refrigerator with an icemaker, dishwasher, electric stove, microwave, multicooker/rice maker, and a Nespresso coffee machine! You’ll have everything you need to carry out your morning and evening routines, as well as wine glasses for your wine and cheese afternoon happy hour!
With respect to design, the Skyline Cabin / Yurt has a loft with a pool table, a living area with an open floor plan and vaulted ceilings, windows with expansive views, and a glass dome. For your convenience, a washer/dryer combo unit is situated on the main floor.
Exterior & Activities
The spacious deck features a picnic table, gas grill pre-filled with propane, and a sunken 7-person hot tub. The outdoor area also boasts a fire pit, cornhole game, and archery stand. All amenities, including the Lever 2 EV charging and a 40-pound traditional Kainokai recurve longbow with arrows for archery practice, are free to use.
Loft, Bathrooms & Workspace
Where you'll sleep
Skyline Cabin / Yurt is best suited to accommodate four (4) people, with two (2) bedrooms featuring queen-size beds. The property can, however, sleep up to eight (8) people thanks to a king-size sleeper sofa in the loft (classified as a bedroom due to a privacy screen) and a spacious sleeper couch in the sitting area. For your convenience, linens, sleeping eye masks, earplugs, an iron, and umbrellas are all provided.
1 Queen Bed
1 Queen Bed
Floor Sofa transformed into King-size Bed
Sofa transformed into 2 semi-separate beds
- 7 min from West Thompson WMA trail (2.3mi loop)
- 8 min from Fox Meadow Winery
- 14 min from Trumbo Hollow via the Appalachian Trail (6.2-mile out-and-back)
- 20 min from entrance to Skyline Drive & Shenandoah National Park
- 21 min from Front Royal Visitor Center
- 21 min from Dinosaur Land museum
- 23 min from Skyline Caverns
- 23 min from Shen-Val Farm Market
- 26 min from Buzzard Hill via the Appalachian Trail (3.4-mile out-and-back)
- 29 min from Glen Manor Vineyards
- 30 min from Buzzard Rock Trail (3.8-mile out-and-back)
- 30 min from Shenandoah River State Park
- 31 min from Snead Farm Dickey Ridge Loop Trail (3.4-mile loop)
- 31 min from Dickey Ridge Visitor Center
- 34 min from Valerie Hill Vineyard & Winery
Amenities & Things To Know
The Skyline Yurt is situated in the Shenandoah Farms community, which can be found at the intersection of Clarke, Fauquier, and Warren Counties. This expansive area stretches along the Shenandoah River and Blue Mountain, encompassing 7,000 acres and making it the second-largest community in Virginia. Located about 20 minutes from Front Royal, Winchester, Berryville, and Middleburg, Shenandoah Farms offers a variety of popular pastimes for residents, such as fishing, boating, swimming, and hiking.
We strongly recommend using a four-wheel-drive vehicle when it is snowing. Due to the property’s remote location and associated towing expenses, please adhere to this suggestion. Before making a reservation, please note that we do not provide refunds or accept cancellations due to inclement weather.
Cancellation policy – full refund up to 5 days prior to check-in (excluding 2.9% credit card fee). On this note, if your dates aren’t available, please fill in the waitlist form or follow our Instagram for last-minute deals.
Kids – Sure! While the Skyline Yurt is child-friendly, it’s not child-proof. The following items are available for our littlest guests: Crib, High chair, Changing table, and Silicone bibs. ❤️
Pets – Yes! Pets are permitted in or around the property with a $50 fee and pre-approval. Please send us a message confirming that your pet is well-trained.
Website issue – We’re sorry for the issue… We suggest Chrome on the laptop or desktop, but you can also book on AirBNB, VRBO, and other platforms.
- Mountain view
- Hair dryer
- Cleaning products
- Puracy shampoo
- Puracy conditioner
- Puracy body soap
- Hot water
- Shower gel
- Bedroom and laundry
- Free washer – In unit
- Free dryer – In unit
- Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper
- Bed linens
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Clothing storage: dresser and wardrobe
- 75″ HDTV with Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Disney+, HBO Max, Netflix
- Sonos sound system with Bluetooth and aux
- Game console: PS5
- Pool table
- Suitable for events
- The listing can accommodate a gathering of 25 or more attendees
- Books and reading material
- Children’s books and toys for ages 5-10 years old and 10+ years old
- High chair
- Changing table
- Board games
- Heating and cooling
- Central air conditioning
- Indoor fireplace: wood-burning
- Central heating
- Home safety
- 3 Smoke & Carbon monoxide alarms
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Internet and office
- Dedicated workspace: monitor
- A desk or table with a chair and space for a laptop.
- Kitchen and dining
- Space where guests can cook their own meals
- Samsung refrigerator
- Cooking basics
- Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper
- Dishes and silverware
- Bowls, chopsticks, plates, cups, etc.
- Whirlpool electric stove
- Whirlpool oven
- Hot water kettle
- Coffee maker: Nespresso
- Wine glasses
- Baking sheet
- Rice maker
- Barbecue utensils
- Grill, charcoal, bamboo skewers/iron skewers, etc.
- Dining table
- Location features
- Private entrance
- Separate street or building entrance
- Private patio or balcony
- Private backyard – Not fully fenced
- An open space on the property usually covered in grass
- Fire pit
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- BBQ grill: gas
- Parking and facilities
- Free driveway parking on premises – 5 spaces
- Free street parking
- Private hot tub
- EV charger
- Guests can charge their electric vehicles on the property.
- Assistance animals are always allowed
- Long term stays allowed
- Self check-in
- Skyline Yurt
- Skyline Cabin
- Luray Caverns
Please reply to the confirmation email.
All other inquiries: